Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day One, it's always easy!


HAPPY St. PATRICK'S DAY
So per my challenge rules I will journal my fitness, nutrition and corresponding activities, thoughts, mood, etc etc. etc daily. The first day of anything is easy, it's the long haul that throws most of us for a loop. With that being said it is important to verbalize your goals and desires almost daily. To put your mind ever in the present with your eyes still on the prize. Here is what Day one looked like.

Weight, do I really have to write it.....? Okay I weighed in yesterday at 189lbs. I gained about 16 pounds back. I did not take my measurements but will get right on it. I have a goal of about 2 pounds a week with an ending weight of 155. It will take longer than my imposed 12 weeks but I feel like it is very achievable. I am tall and have a bit of muscle already. At 23 I weighted in at 150 pounds and was very thin. Am I compensating here? On to the Nutrition and Fitness journal.

I struggled through 50 minutes of circuit training using 10 lb. weights and body weight resistance.

OPT Model Stabilization Endurance

SMR and static Stretching (2 sets)

SL Bridges 15 ea. Side (2 sets)

Floor Crunches 20 (2 sets)

Scissor kicks 24 (2 sets)

Prisoner Squats 20 (2 sets)

Jumping Jacks 30 (2 sets)

Push ups 15 (2 sets)

Mountain climbers 30 (2 sets)

Front Lunge 15 ea. Side (2 sets)

Skaters 30 (2 sets)

Triceps extension 10 lbs. 15 reps (2 sets)

Frontal Plane Jump with Stabilization 15 (2 sets)

Bicep Curl 10 lbs. 15 reps (2 sets)

Transverse Plane jump with stabilization 12 (2 sets)

Ball Cobra15 (2 sets)

Cool Down with a repeat of SMR and static Stretching

* I will modify the program every 4 weeks . This routine will be preformed 3 times per week. On three other days I will hike or bike.





Day One Week One

3 Scrambled free range eggs

3/4 cup Broccoli, Cauliflower mix

Coffee with 1 tbsp. half and half

Water

Mixed Greens with Pork Loin Medallions and Dijon roasted garlic vinaigrette

Orange slices

Water

3 Tbsp. Macadamia Nuts

Water

Small Banana

Salmon Cakes from Wild Alaskan Salmon

Sliced strawberries

Mixed Greens with Grape Tomatoes, Buffalo Mozzarella, and Lemon Balsamic

Vinaigrette made with Olive Oil.

Water

Coffee with a tsp. of Half and Half



At the end of the day I felt pretty good and didn't miss my typical pass out in front of the television ending. I stayed focused on several tasks and accomplished my to do list. Even read up on some anatomy. Let us go forth and see what this day holds.


May the luck of the Irish hold your hand today!


No comments:

Post a Comment