Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lost Without You

Wow it has been a long time since my last post. Many changes are taking place with my body. I recently had my first weigh in and measure and although my weight only dropped 7 pounds I was happy to learn that I lost 6 inches off my hips and several more off the rest of my body. It has not been an easy road thus far, I struggle daily to eat healthy and maintain a proper caloric intake while dealing with tobacco cravings, carb cravings, and the occasional urge to down a bottle of stolis'. During my Guru sessions I seem to be able to go longer and have increased my strength and overall stamina. In an effort to lower the number on the scale I went back to an old favorite, the Perricone Prescription. It entails a diet high in omega fatty acids, fresh vegetables and fruit, a few choice supplements and abstinence of sugar and all things white, including white flour, white potatoes, white rice, white pasta, or anything that is starchy. I stuck to this diet 2 years ago and had great success, lately I feel like robbing the dunken donuts and drowning myself in sweet coffee and crullers. What I have come to realize is that when I go to extremes and deprive myself of certain foods my body fights back and with brute force releases all sorts of chemicals that tell me I need carbohydrates. The weight sure does come off a lot faster when I restrict all things glycemic however I end up feeling miserable and cranky. I started having oatmeal a couple of times a week and allow my self a whole grain low calorie high fiber bread on the other days. I usually consume these in the morning or afternoon to gain much needed energy for my workouts. Do I miss those luscious white flour carbs that call out to me like a two faced banker crying for a bailout, of course deep down I know what the best choices are.I recommend seeking advice from a nutritionist and certified personal trainer before beginning any weight loss program. Your success rate will be much greater. Next time lets talk Vegas Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment