Sunday, March 29, 2009

Magic In A Jar

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall


I am sure that most of us have tried many different kinds of vitamins and weight loss supplements to help achieve our weight loss goals. Currently I am taking a handful of supplements that are recommended by many health/nutrition experts. Before I list them I want to say that nothing can substitute mother nature and good ol' hard work. With that being said I also want to add that it will require lots of variety and color on your dinner plate. You might ask "So why supplement then?" The more processed the food item is the less vitamins and minerals it contains. We are in a world where time is everything and the less time we have to spend preparing meals the better. Our food chain does not exist as in the past. It may come from hundreds if not thousands of miles away and contain GMOs, pesticides, hormones, and a slue of other things and even lowered nutritional content. On to the list of what I feel are the best supplement for me. These were also part of the Perricone Prescription.

Fish Oil - The name says it all. Omega 3 fatty acids are crucial in so many of the bodies functions including metabolism. I take (6) 1000mg capsules daily

Alpha Lapoic Acid
CoQ10
L-Carnitine
L-Glutamine
Astaxanthan
Maitake SX Fraction D
Chromium Picolinate
Borage Oil (GLA)

No comments:

Post a Comment