Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What Happens In Vegas....

We have all heard the famous marketing campaign to lure tourist into sin city. Miles of forbidden indulgence tempt even the purest soul into a walk on the wild side. Only in Vegas will your secrets stay put. I have taken a recent trip into diet hell only to discover that my walk on the wild side shadowed my every move even after I removed my hand from the cookie jar. The Easter Bunny called and wants his candy back! It all started the day before Easter Sunday. I had a lavish dinner planned starting with Fresh hot cross buns and homemade orange marmalade. A crown Roast with herb gravy and Roasted root vegetables, garlic mashed potatoes, braised baby greens and last but not least the pièce de résistance a double layer coconut cake with Swiss meringue frosting. Well with all of the prep for dinner we ate out Saturday evening. During the exploring of Easter baskets and such we had french toast and coffee and a nibble of a bunny ear or two. I felt the effects of that weekend for a week and on the seventh day we dumped the candy jar and I settled in for a nice heart to heart with my self. Why is it then when we start to slip from our path we fall off of a cliff. It is without a doubt a diet mystery. What I have learned is "What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas" when we have a cheat day and relax a little with our meal plan leave it as such. Get back on track with the next meal and get over it. Indulging is OK and should be treated like a weekend in sin city. once your on the plane home life should resume as before. With that being said I must admit that ever since it is a daily struggle. My progress has been steady however I feel I may be reaching a plateau. My best bet is to re-evaluate my eating plan, review my food journal and kick into over drive. I will be posting my stats in the next post along with my workout routines and what I have been eating. For all of you who are struggling to stay on track keep the faith and get on that plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment